Isn’t it good to look ahead to lunch? Right this moment we’re, as a result of we made this dish final night time and there’s a Tupperware filled with leftovers within the fridge that we’re attributable to dig into in 30 (lengthy) minutes.
However we’ll, so we are able to inform you that this easy-to-make tasty recipe is taken from the brand new, free (*however donations welcome) Completely satisfied Wholesome Coronary heart Cookbook, put collectively by Coronary heart Analysis UK, a charity that funds medical analysis, schooling and well being campaigns. It’s a set of starters and mains from meals bloggers and professionals, which Coronary heart Analysis UK have assessed and OKed as a part of a wholesome life-style.
The cookbook options lots extra curries and dishes impressed by Indian delicacies (we’re planning on turning our hand to the vegetarian mulligatawny quickly), and extra apart from – we’ve received our eye on the couscous bowl with harissa rooster.
However we began with this one as a result of we’re a sucker for something you may wrap up and eat together with your palms. It’s additionally a dish that doesn’t take a number of energetic cooking time – the 20 minutes of prep time is fairly beneficiant – but it surely does take a good bit of time to simmer after which cut back, so it may not be finest for a midweek meal until you get dwelling early or don’t thoughts consuming late.
Proper, that’s it. We will’t maintain out any longer. By no means go meals purchasing on an empty abdomen and by no means write about recipes earlier than lunch. You’ll find the recipe under and obtain the cookbook right here – we’re making for the microwave.
Bombay Potato And Hen Wrap Recipe
Recipe by Sally Bee
Components (Serves 4)
- A light-weight spray of rapeseed oil
- 1 giant pink onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic cloves to style, peeled and crushed
- 200g skinless, boneless rooster thigh fillets, sliced
- 3tbsp tikka curry paste
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 giant potatoes, washed and minimize into 2cm cubes
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 250g frozen peas
- eight wholemeal wraps or chapatis
- 140g low-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat crème fraîche
- Warmth the oil in a big non-stick frying pan over a medium warmth, then add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes till softened.
- Add the garlic and stir for an extra minute, then add the rooster and cook dinner, stirring till browned.
- Stir within the curry paste, tomatoes, potatoes and half a can of water. Season effectively with loads of black pepper, then cowl and simmer for about 20 minutes, till the potatoes are simply cooked.
- Take away the lid and simmer for an extra ten to 15 minutes till the liquid has lowered and the sauce is sticking to the potatoes and rooster.
- Stir within the peas and cook dinner till they’re prepared, then serve with warmed wraps or chapatis and low-fat yogurt.
The Completely satisfied Wholesome Coronary heart Cookbook has been produced by clothes retailer Damart to assist elevate cash for Coronary heart Analysis UK