Cooking a wholesome dinner from scratch doesn’t must imply spending hours within the kitchen. The truth is, it doesn’t even must imply spending half an hour in there if you happen to use this super-fast vegetarian stir-fry recipe from Waitrose which takes lower than 15 minutes to make.
A 3rd of that point is spent chopping and assembling the assorted components of the dish, so anybody who’s a wizard with a kitchen knife is likely to be executed in nearer to 10 minutes than 15. Then it’s merely a case of chucking all of it within the frying pan for a couple of minutes. When you’re a quick eater and a demon with regards to washing up, you is likely to be out of the kitchen having cooked, demolished and cleaned up all hint of your meal inside 30 minutes. Barely longer than if you happen to’d gone for a microwave ready-meal, and cooking this dish is a far tastier and more healthy choice than doing that.
The recipe may be cooked as a pure veg and mushroom combo, or if you need some further protein within the dish, add in your favorite veggie meat different like Quorn. Or if you happen to’re not veggie in any respect, add in some meat (simply add a few minutes’ cooking time earlier than you add the mushrooms in step 1). And if you happen to’re not excited about upping the protein content material however need extra meals, you may all the time simply improve the quantity of greens and mushrooms you throw into the combination. It’s a stir-fry – go wild. With the sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and rice wine combo you’ll be utilizing, this can style nice no matter else you throw in.
Substances (Serves Two)
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 300g stir-fry greens (eg cabbage, child sweetcorn, pink onion, carrots), sliced
- four salad onions, sliced
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine
- 275g wholewheat straight-to-wok noodles
- Non-compulsory: 200g protein-rich meat different equivalent to Quorn items
- Warmth the oil in a wok or massive frying pan and fry the meat different (if utilizing) and mushrooms for one minute. Add the stir-fry greens and prepare dinner for 3 minutes.
- Stir within the salad onions, teriyaki sauce, rice wine, 2tbsp water and noodles, and stir-fry for 2 minutes earlier than serving.
Recipe and picture through of Waitrose.com